Perfect for a light supper!
serves 6 ( 5 points +)
- 1 c. chopped grape tomatoes
- 1 c. chopped cantaloupe
- 1/4 c. chopped, fresh cilantro
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 c. skim milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 oz. diced green chilies
- 1 c. shredded, cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2/3 c. kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 oz. ( 1/2 c.) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
For salsa, in a medium bowl combine tomatoes, cantaloupe and cilantro. Set aside.
In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and salt.
Spray a 12 inch cast iron or oven-proof skillet, add chilies and cook for 3 minutes. Spread chicken and beans evenly in skillet. Pour egg mixture over chicken and beans. Cook over medium heat. As mixture sets, run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting egg mixture, so uncooked mixture flows underneath. Continue cooking until egg mixture is almost set.
Sprinkle with cheese. Place skillet under broiler for 1-2 minutes or until top is just set and cheese melts. Top with salsa.
adapted from "Better Homes and Gardens"