The perfect blend of sweet and tart!
serves 16 ( 7 points+)
- 1 pkg. ( 16 oz. ) frozen, unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 pkg. ( 12 oz. ) fresh cranberries
- 1 c. sugar
- ½ c. water
- 4 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 pkg. ( 8 oz.) reduced-fat cream cheese
- ¼ c. packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 carton ( 8 oz. ) Cool Whip Free
- 2 loaves ( 10.75 oz. each) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
In a large saucepan, combine the first 4 ingredients. Cook over medium heat until cranberries pop ( about 15 minutes), stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip.
Place ⅓ of poundcake cubes in a trifle dish or large glass bowl. Top with ⅓ cranberry mixture, the ⅓ cream cheese mixture. Repeat twice.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until serving.
adapted from "Healthy Cooking"