This recipe is fairly easy. I served it as a side dish, but you can serve it as a main dish. For a main dish serving ( 8 servings = 7 points + ) for a side dish ( 12 servings = 5 points + )
I served this along with Parmesan Chicken Tenders.
serves 12 ( 5 points + )
- 1 box ( 13.5 oz) whole wheat pasta
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- oregano to taste
- basil to taste
- 8 oz. small fresh mozzarella balls, drained
- 2 cans ( 14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 c. chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 can ( 14 oz. ) artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
Boil pasta until cooked al dente. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with spray, cook onions until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add diced tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, artichoke hearts and remaining spices. Cook 10 minutes.
Drain pasta, toss with tomato mixture. Add cheese balls right before serving.