Visited with some old friends yesterday who now live in California. This burger was made in remembrance of them.
serves 8 ( 8 points +)
- 2 lbs. lean ground sirloin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 c. avocado
- 1/4 c. diced, seeded tomato,
- 1/4 c. finely chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 T. lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1/4 c. chopped, fresh cilantro
- 2 c. alfalfa sprouts
- tomato slices
- 8 reduced fat buns ( 2 points each)
Season sirloin with salt and pepper. Form into 8 patties. Heat a grill to medium- high heat, Cook burgers 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
Meanwhile, mash avocado and combine with the next six ingredients ( through cilantro)
Place about 1/4 c. alfalfa sprouts on the bottom half of a bun. top with burger, then guacamole, then a tomato slice and the top half of the bun.