Did you know that watermelon is loaded with iron? What a delicious way to make sure that your iron levels remain high so that you have tons of energy for fun summer activities!
This salad is refreshing and full of flavor. I used an orange infused olive oil, but feel free to use a plain olive oil as well. Have fun experimenting with different oil or vinegar flavors!
serves 8 ( 4 points +)
- 8 c. cubed, seedless watermelon
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 c. sliced green onion
- 1/4 c. chopped, fresh mint
- 1/2 c. reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 c. orange infused olive oil ( or plain)
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. honey
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad. Toss to coat. Chill until serving.