Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lemon Melt-Aways


Baking is like cheap therapy for me. There is something about it that is so relaxing and brings that happy feeling! My niece's wedding is this weekend and that gave me an opportunity to bake in bulk! I am making 5 different delights for her sweets table. This cookie, the lemon melt-away, is light and melt in your mouth delicious. The recipe comes from my friend, Beverly. I think they would be splendid for any party, even a Christmas cookie tray!

Makes 40 ( 1 cookie = 2 points +)

Cookies:

  • 1-1/4 c. flour
  • 3/4 c. butter, softened
  • 1/2 c. cornstarch
  • 1/3 c. powdered sugar
  • 1 T. lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. grated lemon peel


Frosting:

  • 3/4 c. powdered sugar
  • 1/4 c. butter, softened
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. grated lemon peel


In a large mixing bowl, combine all cookie ingredients. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl, often until well mixed. 

Divide dough in half. Shape each half into an 8 x 1 inch log. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm ( 1-2 hours)

Heat oven to 350. With a sharp knife, cut each roll into about 20 slices ( about 1/4 " thick... you may get more than 20 slices per roll. )
Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake 8-12 minutes or until set. ( Cookies will not brown) Cool completely.

For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, combine all frosting ingredients, Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until fluffy. Frost cooled cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...