This recipe was adapted from a recipe my mother-in-law makes. This is my husband's favorite cheesecake.
Serves 12 ( 7 points + )
- 24 whole reduced fat graham crackers, crushed or processed in a food processor
- ¼ c. light stick, butter, melted
- 1 lb. reduced fat cream cheese
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pint fat-free sour cream ( Breakstone's is a good brand)
- 5 T. sugar
- 1 lb. frozen strawberries, mashed
- 1 T. sugar
Mix graham crackers with melted butter. Press into the bottom of an 8" square pan.
Beat cream cheese, ½ c. sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Pour over graham cracker crust. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until middle is almost set. Cool for 15 minutes.
Beat sour cream with 5 T. sugar for 2 minutes. Pour over cream cheese layer. Bake at 450 for 5 minutes.
Cool completely. Cover with foil and refrigerate several hours.
Mash frozen strawberries with 1 T. sugar. Spoon over the top of cheesecake.