Thursday, July 19, 2012

Plum and Blackberry Cobbler



Plums and blackberries are two more fruits that are in season right now. I came up with this recipe using 2 different kinds of plums for added color and variety of taste.


serves 9 ( 4 points+)



  • 4 medium plums, sliced thinly
  • 1 c. blackberries
  • 1 T. fresh lemon juice
  • ¼ tsp. ground ginger
  • ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
  • 6 T. sugar, divided
  • ¾ c. flour + 1 T. flour
  • ½ tsp. baking powder
  • 2 T. chilled butter, cubed
  • 3 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
  • ¼ c. low-fat buttermilk
  • 1 T. turbinado sugar



Preheat oven to 375 and spray an 8 or 9 inch square baking dish with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Stir in 2 T. sugar and 1T. flour. Transfer mixture to prepared pan.
Place remaining ¾ c. flour, ¼ c. sugar and baking powder in a food processor. Pulse until mixed ( about 3 times). Add butter and cream cheese and pulse until crumbs form. Add buttermilk and process until blended.
Carefully spread dough by spoonfuls on top of filling. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until top is golden and filling is bubbly.

2 comments:

  1. It's been too hot here to even think of turning on the oven. However, I definitely am adding this to my favorites so I can make this as soon as fall starts and use frozen berries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a WW blog too!!

    This is a really great blog I love how it looks and what its about! Great work!! So happy I found it

    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...