A tasty twist on the traditional!
serves 4 ( 12 points +)
- 8 oz. uncooked cavatappi
- 1 slice applewood smoked bacon
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 T. butter
- 1 T. flour
- 1/3 c. Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 c. reduced-fat shredded Italian Cheese blend
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. reduced-fat Colby Jack cheese, shredded
Cook pasta; drain.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crisp. Remove and finely chop.
Return skillet to stove and cook chicken pieces in the bacon drippings until done. Remove from pan and set aside.
Melt butter in skillet. Whisk in flour. Mix soup with milk and gradually add to flour mixture, whisking until thickened. Remove from heat. Cool 3-4 minutes. Stir in Italian cheese blend, onion powder, garlic powder, dill and salt. Stir in chicken and pasta.
Transfer mixture to an 8 inch square baking pan. Top with crumbled bacon and Colby-Jack cheese.
Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts and browns.
adapted from "Cooking Light"