This recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal. It can be made in about 30 minutes. This was a big hit in our family.
serves 6 ( 1/2 c. egg noodles + one chicken breast with sauce = 8 points +)
- 1 T. olive oil, divided
- 6 ( 4 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. onion, chopped
- 1 can Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. julienned sun-dried tomatoes ( not packed in oil)
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- 3 c. hot cooked, egg noodles ( or more for the big eaters in the family)
- 2 T. chopped, fresh basil leaves
- 6 tsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
Heat 2 tsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook until chicken is no longer pink and browned on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
Add remaining 1 tsp. oil to the pan. Add onion and saute until tender. Add soup, water, sun-dried tomatoes and vinegar. Heat to boiling. Return chicken to pan and heath through. Serve over egg noodles topped with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.