Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Peanut Butter Frosted Brownie Bars


It is a rainy day here in the Midwest and I am planning a small dinner party for tonight. What better time to try out a new brownie recipe? I saw the original recipe on Pinterest from www.piarecipes.com, but I decided to tweak it just a bit to make it more points friendly.  This recipe is very similar to my Texas Sheet Cake recipe, except that it has less flour and is topped with peanut butter frosting instead of chocolate frosting. There are two keys to making a good dessert: the first is to lighten where you can, without risking losing the flavor.  The second is to have smaller portions.This rich, cake-like brownie sacrifices no flavor and a small piece is sure to satisfy!

Makes 48 ( 3 points +)

  • 2 c. sugar
  • 1 c. flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 c. butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 c. water
  • 1/3 c. cocoa
  • 1/2 c. low-fat buttermilk
  • 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla



Frosting:

  • 3 T. light stick butter
  • 1/4 c. light cream cheese
  • 1/4 c. reduced fat peanut butter
  • 2 c. powdered sugar
  • 1 T. skim milk

Preheat oven to 350 and spray a jelly roll pan with nonstick spray.
Place sugar, fluor and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter with water and cocoa, stirring constantly. Add butter mixture to flour mixture and beat until blended. Add eggs, vanilla and buttermilk and beat until smooth. ( mixture will be thin). Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool completely.

For frosting, beat butter, cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until well combined. Add 1 T. milk. Spread over cooled brownies.

1 comment:

  1. If you were to omit the frosting, would it make it only 2 points per square instead? I don't like peanut butter and I'm very picky on the frosting that I do eat.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...