This flavorful recipe takes a little bit of time to cook, but overall, it is pretty simple. I love the combination of the pork with the grilled pineapple, and of course, avocado is an added bonus! You will have extra liquid when this is done cooking, so serve with a slotted spoon.
Makes 16 tacos ( 5 points + each)
- 2-1/4 lbs. pork tenderloin, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1/4 c. fresh orange juice
- 1 c. fat-free chicken broth
- 16 corn tortillas ( La Tortilla Factory brand is awesome!)
Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot. Cook pork, browning on all sides ( may have to cook in batches)
Add chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir. Add orange juice and broth. Cover and cook on low for 1- 1-1/4 hours or until very tender. Warm tortillas either in the oven, covered with foil or in a frying pan.
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into spears
- 1 c. diced avocado
- 1/4 c. finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 c. chopped, fresh cilantro
- 2 T. finely chopped, seeded jalapeno pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 T. honey
- 2 T. lime juice
Spray a grill pan with nonstick spray. Cook pineapple spears until softened and grill lines form on all sides. Remove and cool for about 15 minutes. Chop pineapple and place in a medium bowl. Carefully stir in remaining ingredients. Serve with pork tacos.