This salad would make a perfect lunch or a nice, hefty side dish! This recipe is slightly adapted from a site called "The Garden Grazer". I originally saw this recipe on Pinterest and it looked so fresh and appetizing that I knew I had to try it! Just the thought of cilantro and lime together gets me every time!
serves 8 ( 4 points +)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce or 1 large head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 c. frozen corn, thawed
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 can ( 15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. loosely packed cilantro
- 1/2 c. plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- juice of one lime
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt to taste
Combine salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
For dressing, place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Toss salad with dressing.