Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fried Chicken with Cream Gravy




I did not remember to get a picture of this until almost the end… there was only one bite left. It was good!

serves 6 ( 5 points + )
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
¼ c. flour
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. paprika
¼ tsp. pepper
2 T. canola oil
½ c. evaporated fat-free milk
½ c. fat-free chicken broth

Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
In a large ziplock bag, combine flour and seasonings. Add chicken to bag. Shake to coat. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Cook chicken, uncovered over medium heat until browned on both sides. Cover, reduce heat and cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
For gravy, in a small bowl, combine the milk, broth and reserved flour mixture. Add to the skillet. Cook until thickened and bubbly.

1 comment:

  1. YUM-- this looks great! My kind of comfort food for low points. I'll be trying this one soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...