I experimented with making teriyaki sauce today. It turned out great! Feel free to substitute whatever vegetables you like.
Serves 4 ( ½ c rice + ¼ of pork mixture = 10 points + )
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli ( 2-3 c. )
- 1 can ( 15 oz) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can ( 8 oz) water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can ( 8 oz) baby corn, drained
- 1 T. canola oil
- ½ c. low sodium soy sauce
- ½ c. water
- ½ c. packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp. minced fresh ginger
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 T. cornstarch
For sauce, whisk together all ingredients in a saucepan. Cook, stirring frequently until mixture thickens
( about 10 minutes) . Let sauce stand until it comes to room temperature.
Heat a nonstick wok or large skillet coated with cooking spray. Add ½ T. oil and swirl. Add pork and cook on med-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Transfer pork to a bowl. Add remaining ½ T. oil to pan. Add all vegetables and cook until broccoli looks like it is beginning to "sweat". Return pork to pan. Stir in teriyaki sauce and heat through.