I doubled this recipe for my family.
serves 4 ( 1 c = 6 points + )
serve over rice if desired
- ¾ lb. sirloin, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. grated orange rind
- ¼ c. fat free beef broth
- ¼ c. orange juice
- 2 T. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 T. chili garlic sauce or ¼- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tsp. canola oil
- 1 T. minced fresh ginger
- 1 can ( 15 oz. ) green beans, drained
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
Combine beef, 1 T. cornstarch and orange rind in a bowl. Set aside.
Combine remaining 1 T. cornstarch, broth , orange juice, say sauce, sugar and chili garlic sauce or crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
Heat a nonstick wok or large skillet. Swirl in 2 tsp. oil, then add beef. Stir fry until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Add remaining oil and ginger. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add green beans and carrot and cook 3-4 minutes. Add broth mixture and cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Return beef to pan and heat through.
adapted from "Weight Watcher's"