Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Balsamic Roast Chicken

The chicken was moist and juicy. I left the skin on a few pieces for those who wanted it. It also gave some nice contrast to the picture.




It was hot and humid in Wisconsin today, so I did not want to turn on my oven late in the day. I decided to make this recipe in my roaster. You can try this in your oven on a cooler day :)


serves 12 ( 3 oz. cooked chicken = 5 points+)



  • 6-7 lbs. chicken pieces
  • garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
  • ½ c. fat-free chicken broth
  • ½ c. balsamic vinegar



Place onions in the bottom of a roasting pan. Sprinkle chicken with garlic, salt and pepper. Place chicken over onions. Mix chicken broth with balsamic vinegar and pour over chicken. Bake or roast at 350 until juices run clear. (about 1-½ - 2 hours). Remove skin from chicken before serving. Serve with onions and a little of the balsamic sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...