This is a recipe I used to make a long time ago. One of my sons requested it for dinner tonight. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was only 7 points +. Add some other zero point vegetables for a nice, filling meal. There may be some liquid in the bottom of the baking dish, so make sure to remove the chicken with a slotted spoon or spatula. This is also a very moist stuffing, so do not expect it to be crispy.
serves 8 ( 7 points +)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( 8 oz. each), sliced in half horizontally
- 8 slices cottage white bread, cubed ( or any 2 point per slice bread of your choosing)
- 2 small celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 small red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can ( 15 oz) pineapple tidbits in juice
- 2 T. light stick butter, melted
- ¼ tsp. dried sage
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish and place chicken halves in a single layer in the bottom of a dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine bread, onion, celery, bell pepper, butter and pineapples in juice. Season with sage, salt and pepper Mix well. Place stuffing on top of chicken and bake, uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.