This low-carb dish is full of healthy veggies and full of flavor!
serves 4 ( 1 hefty cupful= 6 points +)
- 2 T. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano to taste
- 2 c. bite-sized broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. fat-free chicken broth
Heat 1 T. oil in a large skillet or walk. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink. Remove chicken and drain any liquid in the pan. Add remaining 1 T. oil. Add veggies and cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return chicken to pan. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano.
Stir cornstarch into broth. Add to pan and cook until slightly thickened.
adapted from the cookbook "Fast and Fit" by Theresa Guidice