Monday, April 14, 2014

Crispy Cauliflower Fritters



This recipe was adapted from "Cooking Light". I would describe it as a combo between a fritter and a latke. We all enjoyed them. At 2 points each, they make for a nice satisfying side dish.

Makes 8 fritters ( 2 points + each )


  • 1 ( 10 oz.) package frozen cauliflower florets
  • 1/2 c. chopped onion
  • 2 T. white whole wheat flour
  • 2 tsp. crushed garlic
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. grated lemon rind
  • 3/4 c. shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
  • 1/2 c. shredded reduced-fat cheddar
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • 1/4 c. plain low-fat Greek yogurt
  • 2 T. minced green onions
  • 2 T. low-fat mayonnaise
  • 2 tsp. lemon juice


Boil cauliflower until tender; drain, place in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher.
Stir in onion, flour, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, rind, potatoes, cheese and eggs. 

Form into 8 patties. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil. Cook patties 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

Combine yogurt and remaining ingredients. Season with salt to taste. Serve with fritters.



3 comments:

  1. Silly question....what do you eat this for or with? Is this considered a side or a main dish? Do you have it for dinner? Looks good, just trying to work it into my meal plan! (P.s. Laurie J gave me your site and I met you years ago when Karen B lived on your street.....hi!). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MG
      I served this as a side dish with BBQ chicken. I think it would go well with any meat. You could serve it as a vegetarian main dish if you like, though. Let me know if you try it ( or any of the recipes on the blog) and how you like it.
      Nice to see you again!

      Delete
  2. Thanks! Made a double batch tonight (on an electric griddle) and they were great! Will make again, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...