This recipe was adapted from "Cooking Light". I would describe it as a combo between a fritter and a latke. We all enjoyed them. At 2 points each, they make for a nice satisfying side dish.
Makes 8 fritters ( 2 points + each )
- 1 ( 10 oz.) package frozen cauliflower florets
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 2 T. white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 3/4 c. shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 c. shredded reduced-fat cheddar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 T. minced green onions
- 2 T. low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
Boil cauliflower until tender; drain, place in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher.
Stir in onion, flour, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, rind, potatoes, cheese and eggs.
Form into 8 patties. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil. Cook patties 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Combine yogurt and remaining ingredients. Season with salt to taste. Serve with fritters.