Thursday, April 24, 2014

Lemon Berry Trifle



A couple of weeks ago, I tried a recipe for lemon pound cake. It was easy to make and tasted awesome. I decided to make it again, this time using it in a trifle. A trifle is a traditional English dessert made with layers of cake, some kind of custard or whipped cream, berries, etc. Since it is spring, I thought lemon would be a nice flavor to try.

Serves 16 ( about 2/3 c. = 5 points +)


  • 1 lemon pound cake ( recipe here)
  • 2 small boxes lemon, sugar-free, fat-free instant pudding
  • 3 c. skim milk
  • 1 ( 8 oz) container Cool Whip Free
  • 4 c. berries of your choice. I used raspberries and blackberries.


After your lemon pound cake is made and cooled, cut into cubes.

For filling, whisk together pudding and milk until thickened. Let stand 2 minutes to thicken more. Fold in Cool Whip.

Place about 1/2 c. filling in the bottom of your trifle dish. Top with 1/3 of cake, 1/3 and remaining filling and 1/3 of berries. Repeat twice. Cover and refrigerate until serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...