A nice light luncheon or dinner entree, the ingredients for this salad can be prepped ahead of time and put together right before serving.
serves 8 ( 1 c. chicken mixture on top of a bed of spinach = 5 points +)
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 1 large English cucumber, cut into thin sticks
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 can ( 15 oz) bean sprouts, drained
- 1/4 c. reduced-fat natural peanut butter
- 1/2 c. fat-free chicken broth
- 4 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 T. olive oil
- baby spinach
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook until chicken is no longer pink.
Place carrots, cucumber, onions and bean sprouts in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, chicken broth and soy sauce. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season with pepper.
Pour the peanut sauce over the vegetables. Add cooked chicken and toss to coat.
Place a handful of spinach on top of each plate and top with 1 c. chicken mixture. Serve immediately.