Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fresh Strawberry Muffins



Strawberry season has finally arrived in Wisconsin! We picked fresh berries yesterday. Although I have several strawberry recipes on this site, I wanted to try something new. I hope you like these!

Makes 18 ( 4 points + )


  • 2-½ c. flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • ⅔ c. sugar
  • ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1-½ c. fresh strawberries, sliced
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 c. low-fat buttermilk
  • ⅓ c. light stick butter, melted
  • 1-¼ tsp. vanilla
  • 1-½ T. sugar


Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add strawberries and stir. Make a well in the center. Combine the egg and next 4 ingredients ( through vanilla); add to flour mixture, stirring until just moist. Spoon into muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Remove from pans immediately to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...