Makes: 2 loaves, 16 slices each 1 slice = 1 point +
|sandwiches with ham, mozzarella, roasted red pepper & marinara|
|Jessica (my daughter)|
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1 ½ C very warm water
- 3- 3 ¼ C flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 T olive oil
1. Stir yeast in warm water in small bowl & let stand 5 min. Meanwhile, mix 3 C flour, salt & sugar in a large mixing bowl. Stir yeast mixture into flour mixture, stir in oil. If you have a mixer with a hook attachment, you can knead in mixer for 5-7 min. Otherwise, knead on flour surface 5-10 min until dough is smooth & springy (dough will be slightly sticky)
2. Place dough in a greased & floured large bowl. Cover & let rise in warm place about 40 min, or until doubled.
3. Push fist into dough to deflate. Place dough on lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half, & shape each half into a ball. Cover and let rise on surface about 40 min, or until doubled.
4. Spray & lightly flour 2 cookie sheets. Stretch each ball of dough into an 18x6 in rectangle by pulling the edges away from each other. Place on cookie sheet, gently flatten with fingers until about 1 in think. Cover and let rise 30 min, or until doubled.
5. Heat oven to 375. Dust loaves lightly with flour. Bake 35-40 min, or until golden (sound hallow when tapped)..