Makes 12 ( 4 points + )
- 1 c. flour
- ¾ c. yellow cornmeal
- ½ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 strips center-cut bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1-¼ c. low-fat buttermilk
- ¼ c. canola oil
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 375 and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
Combine flour and next seven ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in bacon and jalepeno.
Stir together buttermilk, oil and egg. Add to dry ingredients and stir until blended.
Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
from "Cooking Light"