Thursday, May 5, 2011

Velveeta Stuffed Burgers

These burgers were very good! I did cook them on the George Foreman and the cheese did start oozing out, so you do have to watch them. It may be easier if you cook them in a frying pan and flip gently.
Add additional points for whichever bun you choose. I used Healthy Life Buns which are only 2 points +
Top with whatever toppings you like. I sauteed some onions in fat-free beef broth and they were excellent!
Top the bottom patty with 1 oz. Velveeta

Form the top patty over the cheese and seal edges

Cooking on the Foreman

Finished burger! Yum!

serves 4 ( 5 points + )


  • 1 lb ( 93%) lean ground beef
  • 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
  • salt, pepper, garlic powder and minced onion to taste
  • 4 oz. light ( 2%) Velveeta cheese, cubed


Mix beef with Worcestershire sauce and spices. Divide into eight equal sections. Press one section flat, top with a cheese cube. Press another section of beef and mold over the cheese. Pinch to seal all edges.
Grill or pan fry until desired doneness.

3 comments:

  1. looks delicious! try freezing your cubes of cheese next time before you put them inside the meat. Does wonders in stopping the cheese from oozing out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee,
    Thanks for that awesome tip! I will try it next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. I too have gone throug the Weight Watchers program ( a few times) and I loosly use the points system. I love to cook and I'm always trying to find great recipes to make for my family that fit in with my diet. Thanks.....Tanja www.babyboomersareus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...