Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shrimp Avocado Salad



This salad, inspired by my friend over at "Skinny Taste", was awesome! I could eat this as a meal! I changed the original recipe a little and served it to guests tonight. They loved it! I hope you do too!

serves 6 ( 4 points+)

  • 1 lb. fully cooked shrimp, tails removed and halved
  • 1-¼ c. grape tomatoes, sliced into 4 pieces each
  • 1 medium Haas avocado, diced
  • ¼ c. red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
  • 1 large cucumber, seeded and diced
  • ¼ c. cilantro, chopped
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
  • juice from 2 limes
  • salt and pepper to taste


Place onions in a small bowl with olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Let stand while you prepare the rest of the salad.
Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add onion mixture and toss to coat. Serve in individual dishes, if desired.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gina!
    Everyone loved it. I did add cucumber and a little more cilantro to make it go a little farther. It was great. I could have eaten just that for dinner!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...