serves 12 ( 6 points+)
- 6 T. flour, divided
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin steak, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans ( 14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 box ( 32 oz) fat-free beef broth
- 2 c. water, divided
- thyme, salt and pepper to taste
- 16 oz. bag frozen cheese tortellini
Place 3 T. flour in a large ziplock bag. Add sirloin cubes and turn to coat.
Spray a large nonstick skillet with spray. Brown beef; remove from pan.
Respray pan and saute carrots, onion, celery and garlic until tender. Stir in tomatoes, beef broth, 1-½ c. water, thyme salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Add tortellini and cook until tender ( about 5 minutes). Stir together 3 T. flour and ½ c. water until smooth. Add to soup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.