I saw this recipe in a "Cooking Light" magazine and knew I wanted to try it. I did not have all of the ingredients necessary, so I substituted with what I did have. Citrus is a perfect fruit for the winter season and is so refreshing in this salad.
serves 6 ( 3 points +)
- 2 T. torn mint leaves
- 1-½ tsp. grated tangerine rind
- 2 T. fresh tangerine juice
- 2 tsp. thinly sliced green onion
- ½ tsp. vinegar ( I used Tarragon vinegar)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 c. baby spinach leaves
- 4 c. Romaine, chopped
- 2 peeled and sliced tangerines
- ⅓ c. walnuts, toasted
- ¼ tsp. pepper
Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Gradually add oil, stirring with a whisk.
Combine spinach, tangerine slices and Romaine in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle evenly with walnuts and pepper.