Friday, February 3, 2012

Rosemary-Chicken Panini with Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

before going on the grill pan


After grilling




These sandwiches are a bit of work, but well worth the effort. I would give myself an hour to make these from start to finish, including marinating time.


serves 4 ( 10 points +)

  • 2 T. olive oil, divided
  • 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
  • 4 ( 4 oz) chicken breast halves ( boneless, skinless)
  • ¼ c. chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
  • ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
  • 4 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 ( 6 oz.) package fresh baby spinach
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 8 ( 1 oz) slices Italian bread
  • ½ c. shredded mozzarella



Combine 2 tsp. olive oil, rosemary and chicken in a large ziplock bag. Marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add remaining 4 tsp. oil to the pan. Add sun-dried tomatoes, crushed red pepper and garlic. Saute 1 minute. Add spinach; cook until spinach barely wilts. Season with salt; set aside.


Heat a grill ( I used a George Foreman) pan over medium high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill until meat is no longer pink. Slice chicken.


Top each of 4 bread slices with chicken, then spinach mixture, then 2 T. mozzarella. Top with remaining bread slices.


Recoat grill pan or panini pan with nonstick spray. Arrange 2 sandwiches on pan. Place a cast iron skillet on top of sandwiches. Press gently to flatten. Cook until browned on each side. Repeat with remaining 2 sandwiches.

from: Cooking Light

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Paninis are one of my favourite things but I always have to avoid them at uni because they're all filled with (delicious) fattening things! This looks gorgeous though, I've been trying to add more spinach into my diet. I've never realised how good it tastes! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah,
    I do hope you like this recipe! The spinach is quite good. If you are not used to garlic, I may add just a little instead of what the recipe calls for. I am not normally a spinach fan, but I do like it in casseroles and sandwiches and raw in salads.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...