Friday, February 3, 2012

Spinach, Romaine and Tangerine Salad



I saw this recipe in a "Cooking Light" magazine and knew I wanted to try it. I did not have all of the ingredients necessary, so I substituted with what I did have. Citrus is a perfect fruit for the winter season and is so refreshing in this salad.


serves 6 ( 3 points +)



  • 2 T. torn mint leaves
  • 1-½ tsp. grated tangerine rind
  • 2 T. fresh tangerine juice
  • 2 tsp. thinly sliced green onion
  • ½ tsp. vinegar ( I used Tarragon vinegar)
  • ¼ tsp. salt
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 4 c. baby spinach leaves
  • 4 c. Romaine, chopped
  • 2 peeled and sliced tangerines
  • ⅓ c. walnuts, toasted
  • ¼ tsp. pepper



Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Gradually add oil, stirring with a whisk.
Combine spinach, tangerine slices and Romaine in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle evenly with walnuts and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...