Tonight, we had an unexpected dinner guest! She was willing to go along with my experiment on pesto. What a brave girl! Thanks, Stephanie!
Toasting the pine nuts before making the pesto adds lots of extra, rich flavor.
serves 8 ( 1 c. = 7 points +)
- 16 oz. box linguini, cooked and drained
- 1 c. tightly packed basil leaves
- 2 c. packed fresh spinach leaves
- 3-4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 c. grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 c. pine nuts or walnuts, toasted
- 1 c. fat-free chicken broth
- extra cheese for sprinkling (optional)
Place all ingredients other than linguini in a food processor. Process until smooth. Pour over cooked linguini and toss to coat.