Saturday, August 7, 2010

Summer Squash Croquettes


Summer Squash Croquettes: serves 6 ( 2 croquettes = 3 points)

4-2/3 c. coarsely chopped yellow squash
1/2 c. chopped green onions
30 Saltine crackers, crushed
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
2 eggs
1/4 c. yellow cornmeal
1 T. canola oil, divided

Steam squash and onions until tender. Drain well and mash with a fork. Stir in crackers and next 3 ingredients ( through eggs) Cover and chill for 3 hours. Drain well in a fine mesh strainer.
Place cornmeal in a shallow dish. Form squash mixture into 12 patties and coat in cornmeal.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Add 1-1/2 tsp. oil. Cook 6 croquettes at a time for 2-4 minutes per side or until golden browned and crisp on the outside.

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Gina's skinnytaste.com and I am so glad I did! I've been doing WW for about 8 months now, and I've lost 34 pounds! I'm always looking for new recipes that are WW friendly, and so many of yours look yummy! I've printed off several already.

    I'm making these Squash Croquettes tomorrow for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    These were delicious and a great way to use up the summer squash. You are an incredible cook !

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...