Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mayan Surprise Cookies


This recipe comes from my niece, Alyssa. They are full of flavor and pack a little punch! I hope you like them as much as I do!

makes 60 cookies ( 1 point + each )

3/4 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. finely ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
3/4 c. cocoa
1/4 c. miniature chocolate chips

Beat butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
Sift together the remaining dry ingredients. Add to the butter mixture. Mix well. Form dough into balls about the size of a quarter. Place 1 T. sugar in a shallow dish. Dip the bottom of a glass in the sugar and press into the cookies to slightly flatten. Press 4-5 mini chocolate chips into the center of each cookie. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...