serves 8 (5 points +)
- 2 egg white, beaten
- 1 c. plain bread crumbs, seasoned to taste
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves ( 4 oz. each)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 package ( 6 oz) fresh spinach
- 1 jar ( 7 oz) roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 c. crumbled feta cheese
- fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced (0ptional)
Whisk egg white in a shallow dish.
In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and salt. Dip chicken in egg white, then coat in bread crumbs.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Brown chicken on both sides, cover and cook until juices run clear.
Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. Add spinach to pan and cook until wilted.
Meanwhile, place roasted red peppers, garlic and Italian seasoning in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
Place equal amounts of spinach on eight plates. Top with chicken. Spoon red pepper sauce over chicken, top with feta cheese and basil leaves.
This recipe modified from Taste of Home's "Healthy Cooking"