serves 10 ( about 1/3 c. zucchini with 1 T. sauce = 2 points +)
- 1/4 c. low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 c. egg beaters
- 1/2 c. Panko Japanese bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 tsp. taco seasoning
- 3 medium zucchini or yellow squash, cut into 1/4" slices
- 1/4 c. fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 c. fat-free Ranch dressing
- 1/4 c. salsa
In a shallow bowl, combine the egg beaters with buttermilk.
In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs with all of the spices ( through taco seasoning)
Dip zucchini in egg mixture, then coat in bread crumb mixture. Place in a single layer on sprayed baking sheets. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
Stir together dipping sauce ingredients and serve with zucchini.
from Taste of Home's "Healthy Cooking"