Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Autumn Pork and Apples



I love this dish because it is perfect for fall and very easy to make. What goes together better than pork and apples? This dish is also low in points, so you can afford to add some mashed potatoes and green beans, which is what I did… perfect comfort food for a cool evening! This recipe was given to me by my neighbor, Christynna. She got it from Taste of Home and I have adapted it from there.



Place the pie filling in a 13 x 9 pan coated with cooking spray


Brown the pork chops



Place the browned chops on top of the apples



Place the mixed stuffing on top of the pork chops


Dinner is served!




Serves 6 ( 6 points + )

  • 6 boneless pork chops ( about 4 oz. each)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 can ( 20 oz) no sugar added apple pie filling
  • 1 box Stove Top stuffing
Place apple pie filling in a 13 x 9 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper and brown  in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Place browned pork on top of apples. Mix contents of stuffing package with 2 c. boiling water. Stir until water is absorbed. Spoon stuffing over pork. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. OMG. I made this last night for my hubs...TO DIE FOR!!!! I added some rosemary and cinnamon to the pork....sooo GOOD :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this tonight...hubby and I LOVED it!!! This is a keeper! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this last night for dinner and not only was it super yummy it was super easy! Love your blog. Thanks for the great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks 3T Mama. I am glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...