Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bourbon Chicken


Does anyone else love that Bourbon Chicken that you can get at the mall? I found this recipe on my friend, Susan's site. You have to marinate the chicken all day or overnight, then discard the marinade before cooking the chicken. I have figured points based on how much marinade was actually used in this recipe. I served this over rice and added a green salad too. Add additional points for rice.

Serves 8 ( 7 points + )


  • 1/2 bottle teriyaki marinade ( I used Lawry's teriyaki with pineapple)
  • 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
  • Crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup bourbon
  • 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
  •  3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, fat cut off
In a large ziplock bag, combine all ingredients except chicken. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and add to the marinade. Seal, turn to coat and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Remove chicken from marinade ( discard extra marinade) and place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through and tender.

12 comments:

  1. I was seriously thinking about a homemade version of this today and then this popped up in my reader! Thanks for posting. :-)

    Do you think this would work with white meat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne,
    You could definitely try it with the white meat. Let me know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so making this this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is delicious! I am making it again tonight...my fiance loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little late to the party but what is the point difference between chicken thighs and chicken breasts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle,
      They are nearly the same. Boneless, skinless chicken breast is 3 points for 4 oz. and thighs are 4 points for 4 oz. although some brands are 3 points.

      Delete
  6. do i have to discard the marinate?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this recipe based on the points plus system or the old points. Just wondered if the recipes have been updated to show the current values. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try this as my daughter and I have just started weight watchers and we needed some good recipes. Hope we can get the points plus for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is based on points +. That is what the little "+" symbol next to the number means.

      Delete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...