Tonight was another night where I made breakfast for dinner. I have never thought of bread pudding as a savory dish, but this sure was tasty!
serves 6 ( 5 points+)
- 8 oz. multi-grain bread, cut into cubes
- ¾ c. reduced fat sharp cheddar, shredded and divided
- ¼ c. finely chopped onion
- ¾ c. skim milk
- ¼ c. fat-free chicken broth
- pepper to taste
- 3 oz. low-fat diced ham ( such as Farmland)
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
Preheat oven to 375 and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place bread cubes on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, turning once. Remove from oven and cool.
Combine bread crumbs, ½ c. cheddar with next six ingredients ( through egg yolks).
Place egg whites in a mixing bowl and beat until foamy ( about 30-45 seconds. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Spoon into 6 ramekins coated with cooking spray. Place ramekins on baking sheet. Top with remaining cheddar and bake 18-20 minutes or until browned.
adapted from Cooking Light