Monday, August 9, 2010

Basil- Spinach Pesto Linguini





Tonight, we had an unexpected dinner guest! She was willing to go along with my experiment on pesto. What a brave girl! Thanks, Stephanie!
Toasting the pine nuts before making the pesto adds lots of extra, rich flavor.

serves 8 ( 1 c. = 7 points +)


  • 16 oz. box linguini, cooked and drained
  • 1 c. tightly packed basil leaves
  • 2 c. packed fresh spinach leaves
  • 3-4 crushed garlic cloves
  • 1/2 c. grated Pecorino Romano cheese
  • 1/4 c. pine nuts or walnuts, toasted
  • 1 c. fat-free chicken broth
  • extra cheese for sprinkling (optional)


Place all ingredients other than linguini in a food processor. Process until smooth. Pour over cooked linguini and toss to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...