This recipe was adapted from "General Mills". I made the dressing with Splenda instead of sugar for my dad who is diabetic. He loved it! I made this to go along with my son's birthday dinner of BBQ ribs, chili roasted potatoes, Hawaiian rolls and blueberry bread pudding.
serves 15-16 ( 1/2 c. = 2 points +)
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1/3 c. rice vinegar
- 3 T. Splenda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg ramen noodle soup mix, flavor packet discarded
- 1 bag ( 16 oz) coleslaw mix ( shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 1/4 c. sliced almonds
- 1 med. red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 large cans ( 11 oz each ) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 c. coarsely chopped fresh spinach leaves
In a large bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Break up the ramen noodles in the bag before opening. Discard flavor packet. Add noodles and remaining ingredients to the bowl with the dressing. Toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.