serves 6 ( 6 points +)
- 2 c. uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef ( I used 95% lean)
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 can ( 14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 3 T. pickle relish
- 3 T. yellow prepared mustard
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 c. reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
Cook pasta; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, brown beef with onion until beef is no longer pink. Drain.
Return beef to pan. Add pasta and remaining ingredients through spices. Cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover pan and let cheese melt.