Tried this frittata for breakfast. One slice ( 1/4 of the pan ) is only 2 points!
Zucchini Tomato Frittata: serves 4 ( 3 points + )
- 1/3 c. sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 1 c. boiling water
- 1-1/2 c. egg beaters
- 1/2 c. FF cottage cheese ( such as Fiber One)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 c. minced fresh basil or 1 T. dried
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c. sliced zucchini
- 1 c. fresh broccoli florets
- 1 med. sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
place tomatoes in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes; drain.
In a large bowl, whisk together egg beaters, cottage cheese, onions, red pepper flakes, basil, salt and pepper and sun-dried tomatoes.
In a 10" oven-proof skillet, saute zucchini, red pepper and broccoli in oil until tender. Add egg mixture. Cover and reduce heat. Cook until almost set. Remove cover, sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4" from heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes.
This recipe comes from Taste of Home's "Healthy Cooking"