You will have a hard time finding a potato soup recipe to top this one! It is super thick and creamy!
serves 8 ( about 1-1/2 c. = 7 points + )
- 1/3 c. light stick butter ( Land O' Lakes)
- 2/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. fat-free chicken broth
- 4 c. skim milk
- 4 c. peeled, cubed baked potato ( I cook mine in the microwave)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 12 Oscar Mayer fully cooked bacon strips, cooked for 1 minute in microwave, cooled and crumbled
- 1 c. reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c. fat-free sour cream ( Breakstone's)
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large kettle melt butter, Add flour and stir. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Add potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; stir until cheese is melted.