These little muffins are packed full of flavor along with some healthy ingredients. You will love them!
makes 4 dozen ( 2 muffins = 4 points +)
- 1 c. quick cooking oats ( not instant)
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. skim milk
- 3/4 c. mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 c. reduced fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/3 c. dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 c. mini chocolate chips
In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, bananas, applesauce, peanut butter and vanilla. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
Fill sprayed mini muffin tins 3/4 full. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle over muffins.
Bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
From "Healthy Cooking"