Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Apple Coffee Cake

half of the batter topped with apples

remaining batter topped with brown sugar and walnut topping

Finished Coffee Cake


On a cool fall day, this coffee cake is perfect for breakfast, afternoon coffee or dessert.


Serves 20 ( 4 points + )



  • ⅓ c. light stick butter, softened ( Land O' Lakes Light butter)
  • ⅔ c. sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 c. flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 c. fat-free sour cream ( Breakstone's)
  • 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced



Topping:



  • ⅓ c. chopped walnuts
  • ⅓ c. packed brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon



Preheat oven to 350 and spray an 11 x 7 baking dish with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs and mix well. Combine flour with baking soda and add alternately with sour cream.
Carefully spread half of the batter into the prepared pan. (batter will be sticky). Top with sliced apples, then remaining batter.
In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle over batter. Bake 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

5 comments:

  1. Not one single time have I ever left a comment. Today is the first time.
    All of the recipes that you have posted and have been consumed at our kitchen table have been fabulous. Can't wait to try this one and serve it to my family.
    Many thanks for all of the recipes that you have shared. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BroncoMom,
    Thank you for leaving a comment! I am glad you have liked the recipes so far! I hope you like this one too. It was not overly sweet, so I served it with some vanilla ice-cream and a little caramel sauce for dessert. It would be fine for breakfast just like it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the coffee cake this morning since today is my husbands birthday. He really enjoyed it! This is the first recipe I made from your blog but I can't wait to try more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started Weight Watchers on Tuesday, I have a feeling I'll be visiting a lot! Thanks!

    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. One word---YUM! Made this coffee cake this morning. It is a bitter cold Wisconsin Sunday morning and I was craving coffee cake. I searched pinterest for Weight Watcher coffee cakes and found your site. I will make this any day of the week and serve. No one will know it is a healthier coffee cake. I look forward to exploring your site and trying new recipes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...