Sunday, September 4, 2011

Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo





serves 4 ( 10 points + )

  •  1 ( 9 oz) package refrigerated fettuccine
  • 1 lb. fully cooked shrimp, thawed and drained
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • pepper to taste
  • ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
  • ⅓ c. fat-free half and half
  • 3 T. low-fat cream cheese, cubed



Cook pasta according to package. Drain and place in a large bowl. Reserve ¼ c. cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Add garlic and shrimp. Sprinkle with pepper and cook until heated through. Remove shrimp and keep warm. Add reserved cooking liquid from pasta, half and half, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese and more pepper. Cook, whisking until melted and smooth. Add shrimp to pasta. Pour sauce over the top and toss to coat.


adapted from Cooking Light

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. Now you're talking! That's MY kind of food. I love anything creamy and cheesy and salty. Salivating and I haven't even had breakfast yet!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...