Does anyone else love that Bourbon Chicken that you can get at the mall? I found this recipe on my friend, Susan's site. You have to marinate the chicken all day or overnight, then discard the marinade before cooking the chicken. I have figured points based on how much marinade was actually used in this recipe. I served this over rice and added a green salad too. Add additional points for rice.
Serves 8 ( 7 points + )
- 1/2 bottle teriyaki marinade ( I used Lawry's teriyaki with pineapple)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, fat cut off
In a large ziplock bag, combine all ingredients except chicken. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and add to the marinade. Seal, turn to coat and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Remove chicken from marinade ( discard extra marinade) and place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through and tender.