Friday, September 23, 2011

Grilled Chicken and Spinach Basil Pesto Farfalle

Today I harvested the basil from the garden. I wanted to make a pesto recipe and remembered an old pesto recipe I had tried before. This recipe was easy, filling and super yummy! I hope you like it!


Serves 8 ( 8 points + )
  • 1-½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
  • 12 oz. farfalle noodles ( bow-tie pasta)
  • 2 c. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
  • 3 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 c. packed basil leaves
  • 2 c. packed fresh spinach leaves
  • ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
  • ¼ c. walnuts, chopped
  • 1c. fat-free chicken broth


Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Grill chicken over medium heat until juices run clear. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Place pasta, chicken and tomatoes in a large serving bowl. Combine garlic cloves, basil, spinach, Parmesan cheese, walnuts and chicken broth in a food processor and process until smooth. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat.

4 comments:

  1. Looks delish! How many regular points values?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calamity,
    I am not sure how many regular points values as I calculate on the Weight Watcher's site and it only calculates points plus now. However, I have found that pasta dishes are generally 2 points less with regular points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious - totally my kind of meal. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pesto! I can't wait to make this! Thank you for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...