Monday, June 18, 2012

Spinach, Onion and Tomato Ricotta Pie



This rich and flavorful pie is perfect for a meatless meal! The prep work is a snap and is great for a quick weeknight meal.


serves 6 ( 7 points +)

  • 1 ( 11 oz) can Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust dough
  • 1 c. thinly sliced green onions
  • 2 c. packed fresh baby spinach leaves
  • 1-1/3 c. part-skim ricotta
  • ½ c. thinly sliced chives
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • ½ tsp. pepper
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 egg white, lightly beaten
  • 2 T. Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced



Preheat oven to 375. Spray a pie plate or tart pan with nonstick spray. Press pizza dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
In a medium nonstick skillet coated with spray, cook onions and spinach until spinach wilts.
Combine spinach mixture, ricotta, chives, salt, pepper, eggs, and egg whites. Pour into pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and top with tomatoes.
Bake for 35 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.

4 comments:

  1. There is no ricotta listed in your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for catching that! There is 1-1/3 c. part skim ricotta.

      Delete
  2. Gina, I made this with my homemade pizza crust. I loved it, but maybe I ought to try the pillsbury instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. I bet the homemade crust was good! This was great for a quick crust, though and it did taste good too! Tonight, I am trying a summer squash and ricotta galette. The crust is homemade, so watch for the recipe on the blog. You are doing awesome making all of these recipes!

      Delete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...