This rich and flavorful pie is perfect for a meatless meal! The prep work is a snap and is great for a quick weeknight meal.
serves 6 ( 7 points +)
- 1 ( 11 oz) can Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1 c. thinly sliced green onions
- 2 c. packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1-1/3 c. part-skim ricotta
- ½ c. thinly sliced chives
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 T. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375. Spray a pie plate or tart pan with nonstick spray. Press pizza dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
In a medium nonstick skillet coated with spray, cook onions and spinach until spinach wilts.
Combine spinach mixture, ricotta, chives, salt, pepper, eggs, and egg whites. Pour into pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and top with tomatoes.
Bake for 35 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.